IDSC ACS Policies¶
IDSC Advanced Computing Services resources are available to all University of Miami employees and students. Use of IDSC resources is governed by University of Miami Acceptable Use Policies in addition to IDSC ACS policies, terms, and conditions.
- To qualify for an IDSC account, you must be affiliated with the University of Miami.
- All IDSC accounts must be linked with a valid corresponding University of Miami account.
- Suspended accounts cannot submit jobs to IDSC clusters.
- Suspended accounts will be disabled after 90 days.
- Disabled accounts cannot log into the Pegasus cluster.
- Disabled account data will be deleted after 30 days.
All users of IDSC supercomputers are required to have an IDSC account.
All SSH sessions are closed automatically after 30 minutes of inactivity.
No backups are performed on cluster file systems.
IDSC does not alter user files.
Jobs running on clusters may be terminated for:
- using excessive resources or exceeding 30 minutes of CPU time on login nodes
- failing to reserve appropriate LSF resources
- backgrounding LSF processes with the & operator
- running on inappropriate LSF queues
- running from data on
The IDSC account responsible for those jobs may be suspended.
Users with disabled IDSC accounts must submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org for temporary account reactivation.
- Active cluster users are allocated a logical home directory area on the cluster,
/nethome/username, limited to 250GB.
- Active projects can be allocated scratch directories:
/scratch/projects/projectID, intended for compiles and run-time input & output files.
- Disk allocations are only for data currently being processed.
- Data for running jobs must be staged exclusively in the
/scratchfile system. IDSC accounts staging job data in the
/nethomefilesystem may be suspended.
- Both home and scratch are available on all nodes in their respective clusters.
- Accounts exceeding the 250GB home limit will be suspended. Once usage is under 250GB, the account will be enabled.
- Data on /scratch may be purged after 21 days if necessary to maintain adaquate space for all accounts.
- Users are free to install software in their home directories on IDSC clusters. More information about installing software onto ACS systems on ReadTheDocs : https://acs-docs.readthedocs.io/
- Cluster software requests are reviewed quarterly. Global software packages are considered only when a minimum of 20 users require them.
Contact our IDSC cluster and system support team via email to IDSC team (email@example.com) for help with connecting, software, jobs, data transfers, and more. Please provide detailed descriptions, the paths to your job files and any outputs, the software modules you may have loaded, and your job ID when applicable.
- computer and operating system you are using
- your CCS account ID and the cluster you are using
- complete path to your job script file, program, or job submission
- complete path to output files (if any)
- error message(s) received
- module(s) loaded ($ module list)
- whether this job ran previously and what has changed since it last worked
- steps you may have already taken to address your issues